If you are considering getting Lasik surgery, you have probably heard of Q Lasik. But what is it, exactly? And what are the benefits? In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about Q Lasik surgery. We will talk about the procedure itself and the benefits that come with it. So if you are thinking about getting Lasik surgery, be sure to read this blog post!
What Is Q Lasik?
Q Lasik is a new and improved form of laser eye surgery that corrects vision problems. This type of surgery uses a femtosecond laser instead of the traditional excimer laser. The advantage of this new laser is that it can create a very precise corneal flap, which helps to improve the accuracy of the surgery. In addition, the femtosecond laser is less likely to cause dry eye syndrome and other side effects.
What Is The Procedure Of Lasik?
The procedure of Q LASIK is as follows:
1. The cornea is numbed with anesthetic drops.
2. A suction ring is placed on the eye to hold it steady.
3. The outer layer of the cornea (epithelium) is gently lifted away.
4. A laser is used to create a flap in the cornea.
5. The suction ring is removed.
6. The second laser is used to reshape the cornea.
7. The flap is put back in place and allowed to heal.
Thus, Q LASIK is a type of laser eye surgery that corrects refractive errors in the eye. It uses two lasers – one to create a flap in the cornea and the other to reshape the cornea. Q LASIK is a safe and effective procedure that can improve your vision and quality of life.
What is the Cost Of Q Lasik?
The cost of Q LASIK surgery can vary, depending on the surgeon and the location. In India, the average cost is between 30,000- 80,000 INR
Before you decide to have LASIK surgery, it is important to consult with an experienced eye surgeon to discuss whether it is the right choice for you.
The precautions are taken during Q Lasik’s surgery:
1. The area around your eyes will be numbed with drops to prevent you from feeling any discomfort during the surgery.
2. You will be given an eye exam and asked about your medical history to make sure that you are a good candidate for the surgery.
3. You will be asked to sign a consent form before the surgery.
4. You should not wear contact lenses or eyeglasses for at least two weeks before the surgery.
5. You should not wear makeup or lotion on the day of the surgery.
6. You should not eat or drink anything for at least four hours before the surgery.
7. You should not smoke for at least two weeks before the surgery.
8. You should not wear perfume or cologne on the day of the surgery.
9. You should not have any other type of surgery scheduled for at least two weeks before Q Lasik’s surgery.
10. You should not have any type of illness or infection before the surgery.
11. You should be prepared for some discomfort, such as itchiness, burning, and tearing, for the first few days after the surgery. These symptoms are normal and will eventually go away.
Q Lasik is a safe and effective way to improve your vision. The surgery is quick and usually takes less than 30 minutes. You will be able to see the results of the surgery immediately. Most people experience little to no discomfort after the surgery. Q Lasik is an outpatient procedure, which means that you will be able to go home the same day.
Who Are Eligible For Q Lasik surgery?
The person who is eligible for q Lasik are :
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a stable eyeglass prescription for at least two years
- Free from any eye disease
- Able to have good tear production
What Are The Benefits Of Q Lasik?
The benefits of Q LASIK:
Correct a wide range of refractive errors
Unlike other types of laser vision correction procedures. It can treat a wide range of refractive errors, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism.
High success rate
It is highly effective in clinical studies, with patients achieving 20/20 vision or better in the majority of cases.
Minimal side effects
Q Lasik is a very safe and effective procedure with minimal side effects. The most common side effect is temporary dryness of the eyes, which can be easily treated with artificial tears.
No Bandages or cuts
With Q Lasik, there are no bandages or cuts required. The whole treatment is done with lasers, which means that you can go home the same day and get on with your life without having to worry about any recovery time.
No dependency on contact lenses or glasses
One of the main advantages of Q Lasik surgery is that it gets rid of your dependence on contact lenses or glasses. This can be a great relief, especially if you have been struggling with poor vision for a long time.
Most people who have Q Lasik surgery experience quick and easy recovery, with many people achieving excellent vision within 24 hours after surgery. You will see an immediate difference in your vision after Q Lasik’s surgery. This is because the cornea is reshaped during the surgery, which allows for better light refraction and improved vision.
Q Lasik is a type of laser vision correction surgery that uses two different lasers to correct refractive errors in the eye. It is a safe and effective procedure with a high success rate and minimal side effects. If you are considering Q Lasik surgery, be sure to talk to your eye doctor to see if it is the right procedure for you.
There are various limitations:
- Not all people are suitable for laser vision correction.
- The results of the surgery are not perfect, and some degree of glasses or contact lens use may still be required.
- Lasik is a relatively new technology, and its long-term effects are not yet known.
There are several risks associated with LASIK surgery, including:
- Dry eyes: This is a common side effect that usually improves within a few months. In some cases, however, it may be permanent.
- Flap complications: The flap created during surgery can sometimes become dislodged. This usually requires a second surgery to fix.
- Infection: Although rare, this is a serious complication that can lead to vision loss.
- Vision problems: Some people experience decreased vision following the surgery, although this is usually temporary. In very rare cases, vision may be permanently worsened.
Thus, these are the key points related to Q Lasik. You should consult with an experienced doctor to see if you are a good candidate for the surgery. Be sure to weigh the risks and benefits carefully before making a decision.
It may be concluded that Q Lasik is a type of laser eye surgery that corrects vision by modifying the shape of the cornea. This type of surgery can be used to treat a variety of refractive errors, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. Q Lasik may also be an option for people who are not candidates for traditional laser vision correction surgery. The main benefit of Q Lasik is that it can provide patients with better vision and a reduced risk of complications. Additionally, Q Lasik may be less expensive than traditional laser vision correction surgery.
If you are considering laser eye surgery, talk to your doctor about whether Q Lasik is right for you.
For more information and guidance, please contact Eye Mantra. This platform offers the most accurate guidance and advanced surgical options for your eyes including PRK, Femto Lasik, SMILE surgery, Standard LASIK, and Contoura vision. If you have any questions on LASIK surgery, LASIK surgery cost, and LASIK procedure, call us at +91-9711116605 or email at [email protected].